Collection of your Personal Information
Regal Barn collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, email, telephone number and birthday. If you purchase Regal Barn products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. We may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Regal Barn websites. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain a quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Regal Barn websites.
Over the course of our relationship with you, we may collect and hold additional personal information about you, including transactional information, account information, complaints or enquiries about your product or service.
If you have general enquiry type questions, you can choose to do this anonymously or use a pseudonym. In order to bring our best service to you, however, we might not always be able to interact with you this way.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Regal Barn public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
Regal Barn encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Regal Barn websites so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Regal Barn is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of Regal Barn websites.
How we collect your data
There are many ways we seek information from you. We might collect your information when you fill out a form with us, when you’ve given us a call, used our websites or dropped into our office. We find using electronic means, such as email or SMS, a convenient way to communicate with you and to verify your details. However we’ll never ask you for your security details in this way – if you are ever unsure, just contact us. We will try to collect personal information directly from you unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable. For this reason, it’s important that you keep your contact details up-to-date.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your name, email, telephone number and whatever information you provide us through the message field is collected through our contact forms. Further information regarding your specific requirements for our services is also received through our quote forms.
Some customers like to engage with us through social media channels. We may collect information about you when you interact with us through these channels. For all confidential matters, please interact with us via private messaging or secure channels.
What third parties we receive data from
Sometimes we collect information about you from other sources. We may collect information about you that is publicly available (for example from public registers or social media) or made available by third parties. For instance, we do this where:
- we distribute or arrange products on behalf of others, including our business partners;
- we can’t get hold of you and need to update your contact details;
- we need information from third parties about an application you make through us;
- we need information for fraud prevention purposes;
- we are checking the security you are offering;
- you have consented to third parties sharing it with us, such as organisations we have loyalty programs with or we sponsor;
- at your request, we exchange information with your representatives.
Use of your data
We may use or disclose information about you in order to combine the information that we hold with information collected from or held by external sources. We do this in order to enable the development of customer insights about you so that we can serve you better. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you. Where those insights are provided to others, such insights are based on aggregated information and do not contain any information that identifies you. We may also use service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
Regal Barn collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested. This means we can use your information to:
- provide you with information about products and services,
- consider your request for products, and services, including your eligibility;
- process your application and provide you with products and services; and
- administer products and services which includes delivering the product you requested, answering your requests and complaints, varying products and services, conduct market research via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered, take any required legal action in relation to our accounts.
- inform you of competitions we are running and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums), unless you tell us not to;
- Identify opportunities to improve our service to you and improve our service to you;
- determine whether a beneficiary will be paid a benefit;
- assist in arrangements with other organisations (such as loyalty or affiliate program partners) in relation to a product or service we make available to you;
- allow us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks (such as training staff, risk management; developing and marketing products and services, undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and systems development and testing) ;
- use for any purpose which you have given your consent.
Regal Barn may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Regal Barn and its affiliates and partners.
Marketing these products and services to you may be via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means, including targeted advertising through Regal Barn or other websites.
We may also market our products to you through third party channels (such as social networking sites), or via other companies who assist us to market our products and services. We may use de-identified data to disclose to online advertisers that allow us to place communications in the media most relevant to you.
Where we market to prospective customers, we are happy to let them know how we obtained their information and will provide easy to follow opt-outs.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Regal Barn by contacting us here:
– Webpage: https://regalbarnb.com/connect-with-us/
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Email: Using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails
We know that you may prefer to receive some types of messages over others, so where possible we will offer you a choice.
You can always update your preferences at any time.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- personalise your experience with us;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your needs.
The Regal Barn websites use “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise Regal Barn pages, or register with a Regal Barn site or service, a cookie helps Regal Barn to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Regal Barn website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Regal Barn features that you customised.
We monitor your online interactions. This is done to ensure we can verify you and you can receive information from us, to identify ways we can improve our services for you and understand you better.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Regal Barn services or websites you visit.
Regal Barn may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within the Regal Barn websites, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customised content and advertising within the Regal Barn group to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information with other Regal Barn websites. This could depend on the product or service you have applied for and the Regal Barn website you are dealing with but will not differ from those purposes outlined above. Where appropriate we integrate the information we hold across the Regal Barn websites to provide us with a complete understanding of your product services and your needs.
Regal Barn may share data with trusted partners to help perform the services you requested from us and provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Regal Barn, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information, including:
- those involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service;
- authorised representatives of Regal Barn who sell products or services on our behalf;
- fraud reporting agencies (including organisations that assist with fraud investigations and organisations established to identify, investigate and/or prevent any fraud, suspected fraud, crime, suspected crime, or misconduct of a serious nature);
- organisations we sponsor and loyalty program partners, including organisations Regal Barn, has an arrangement with to jointly offer products or has an alliance with to share information for marketing purposes;
- companies we arrange or distribute products for;
- service providers that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- payments systems organisations including merchants, payment organisations and organisations that produce cards;
- our joint venture partners that conduct business with us;
- organisations that assist with our product planning, analytics, research, and development;
- mailing houses and telemarketing agencies and media organisations who assist us to communicate with you, including media or social networking sites;
- other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors, as well as our accountants, auditors or lawyers and other external advisers (e.g. consultants and any independent customer advocates);
- government or regulatory bodies (including the Australian Securities and Investment Commission and the Australian Tax Office) as required or authorised by law (in some instances these bodies may share it with relevant foreign authorities); and
- where you’ve given your consent or at your request, including to your representatives, or advisors.
Regal Barn does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Regal Barn may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number), with your permission, could be transferred to the third party.
Regal Barn will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Regal Barn or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Regal Barn; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Regal Barn, or the public.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How long do we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We’ll only keep your information for as long as we require it for our purposes. We’re also required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under the law, such as the Corporations Act, the Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorism Financing Act, and the Financial Transaction Reports Act for example. When we no longer require your information, we’ll ensure that your information is destroyed or de-identified.
What rights you have over your data
For users that register on our websites (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Contact us if you think there is something wrong with the information we hold about you.
If you are worried that we have given incorrect information to others, you can ask us to tell them about the correction. We’ll try and help where we can – if we can’t, then we’ll let you know in writing.
We‘ll always give you access to your personal information unless there are certain legal reasons why we can’t.
We will give you access to your information in the form you want it where it’s reasonable and practical.
If we can’t give you access, we will tell you why in writing and if you have concerns, you can complain.
Security of your Personal Information
Regal Barn secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Where we receive unsolicited information, we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we’ll handle this information the same way we do with other information we seek from you. If not, we’ll ensure we do the right thing and destroy or de-identify it.
We store information in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements and privacy training of our employees;
- security measures to control access to our systems and premises;
- only giving access to personal information to a person who is verified to be able to receive that information;
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
Data breach procedures
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us. We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.
If you still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can escalate your privacy concern.
We will let you know how we will deal with your complaint within seven days.
If we can’t fix things within 30 days, we’ll let you know why and how long we think it will take. We will also ask you for an extension of time to fix the matter. If you have any concerns, you may complain to the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If your complaint relates to how we handled your access and correction requests you may take your complaint directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You are not required to let us try to fix it first.
Children Under Thirteen
Regal Barn does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Changes to this Statement
Regal Barn will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Regal Barn encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Regal Barn is protecting your information.
Regal Barn welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Regal Barn has not adhered to this Statement, please contact:
92/31 Langport Parade
Mudgeeraba, Gold Coast 4213, Australia
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0437199034
Effective as of July 11, 2018